B2B marketing is different from B2C marketing. B2B marketing is mostly about getting introductions and building a long-lasting relationship. According to John Boitnott, a digital media consultant, and investor, there are 5 methods a business can use to help reach its potential business partners.
- Be a thoughtful leader: When a company chooses a business partner to work with, it usually looks for the most reliable firm with a solid reputation in the industry. A company can build its reputation and gain attention for its potential costumers by conduct workshops and market meaningful content online.
- Network like a boss: Networking is essential in the B2B world. Attend conferences and webinars often to attract customers. Set up a LinkedIn profile is necessary. The more often your potential customers see your brand, the higher the possibility that they will select you as a partner in the future.
- Tell a story: Instead of using facts and numbers, you can show your brand's personality by giving a story that's relatable to your customers. They will more likely to choose your company over your competitors if the customers feel more personally related to the services you provide.
- Use paid ads: Paid ads are not only for B2C-based companies and they can often be underestimated by B2B companies. One useful platform for B2B advertising is LinkedIn. Advertisers can target potential customers through company types and job titles. Paid ads can be much more effective than organic traffic.
- Use integrations: B2B businesses should work with professionals throughout an industry regularly. With the help of some plugins, one would be able to send out emails with the best fitting information collected by the third parties.